Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sunset at the Grand Canyon

Sunset at the Grand Canyon is absolutely spectacular.  We found a good place along the rim to view from at Yavapai Point.

And then we found an even better place. 

Super Grover got to enjoy his first view of the canyon too. 

Here are some pre-sunset photos:


Clare nearly had a heart attack when Amy and I walked down on a ledge. 










This is what happens when one drinks too much


My phone doesn't take the best sunset photos (any photos I post are only from my phone).   We'll all have to wait for Clare to upload hers for some good ones but here's what I've got.  









Clare and Super G shared a moment at sunset (Clare's probably going to kill me for posting this one!)







So after the viewing we took the bus back to the visitor center. We went to catch the bus back to the RV park.  The driver told us we'd have to transfer at the Shrine of the Ages and if we missed that we'd end up going on his bus for the full route (an hour).  We opted to walk instead.  Thanks to the parking lot sign #4 and my keen sense of direction we were able to find the path we took the day before in the woods and get back in 10 minutes (timing mainly due to my fast pace as I feared the bobcats and other wild animals that may have been following us).    So we made it back.  Of course before going to bed we had to turn the heat on in Harvey again.  It's so loud that, every time it comes on, it wakes us up.  I can't wait to get back to the 100 degree weather in Phoenix where no heat is required.  We head back there tomorrow. 
 So I leave you with this. Clare and I think Amy's dogs ears look like a ringtails.  You be the judge.  Here is the picture of Duchess from the other day:

And here's the picture of a ringtail

No comments:

Post a Comment