Monday, May 27, 2013

Our Trip Home

Our trip has ended:-(. We left Santa Fe in the morning.  I took one final picture of our town house we stayed in and we were off to the airport to drop off Wynona and catch our flights. 
Took some final pics from the road too





After dropping off Wynona we caught the shuttle bus from the rental car lot to the airport.  As you can see everyone, including Super G, is excited about our flights.  



Here's Amy waiting for our first flight

And Clare waiting for our second flight (after she tried to hide Super Grover from me...evil Clare...)

So we had to catch a 1:25 flight from Albuquerque to Houston then had a 3 hour layover to fly from Houston to Boston.  Here are the reasons I will never fly United Airlines again. 
1. There was a 12pm flight going from Albuquerque to Houston.  It was delayed.  You could see the engineers working on the engines on their plane. The attendant at the gate kept coming on giving updates saying "it's messier than they thought".  Really?!!!  That's the message you want to give people who are about to get on your plane?  Needless to say our flight took off long before theirs.  

2.  They don't assign seats to everyone.  I booked 3 tickets.  One would think they would put us in the same row (or at least same area of the plane). For both flights Clare was assigned a seat but Amy and I were not and had to see the agent at the gate. On the first flight Amy and I were seated in the front and Clare in the back and on the second flight Amy and I were in the back and Clare was up front. 

3.  Where's the leg room?  I'm 5'4 and my knees were touching the seat in front of me. The guy across the aisle from us had to stretch his legs into the aisle. 

4.  The flight attendants were obnoxious and rude. For starters, I was in the aisle seat, Amy was in the middle and a woman who only speaks Spanish was at the window. The flight attendant came by with drink/ snack service. She asked the other woman, in English, if she wanted a cheese and crackers for a snack.  The woman didn't understand. The flight attendant then asked if the woman spoke English and she said no. So the attendant started yelling, in English, "cheese and crackers".  Note to the united flight attendants: if a person only speaks Spanish, yelling English at them won't make them understand. 
After, as they were handing out drinks, they kept hitting me in the head, as I was trying to sleep. And never once apologized.  They woke Amy up too as they continued yelling to the woman in English. 

5.  People in the aisle when the fasten seatbelt sign is on.  We were in turbulence and the captain had the seatbelt sign on.  People were getting up and walking to the back of the plane. One girl, who couldn't keep her balance, elbowed me in the face.  Why do the flight attendants not tell people to keep their seats?  They never once announced  for people to keep their seats like other airlines would.  

So those are my grievances with United. I'm sure Amy has others.  Clare, on the other hand, was put in a row up front with extra leg room and polite people so her flight was great. 

Anyways, we finally (bumpily) landed in Boston at midnight.  

Jeff came to pick up Amy at Logan and Clare and I caught a cab   Shout out to mom and dad for taking care of George for me.  Dad got him all waxed, polished and vacuumed.  He's like a new car!  I drive home from Malden and made it in around 2AM. 

What a phenomenal vacation.   I'm sorry to see it end but am happy to be home sleeping in my own bed!  

So this ends our blog (I know, you're all sad to see it end too).  So now it's back to work and normal life again. 

And I don't want to see a Saunders or Vaughan until 2014!
Now what?

3 comments:

  1. Beach on Saturday Katy??? Lol lol. What's for dinner??? There is no Dana.... only Zuel... please leave a message after the beep.... beeeeepppp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss reading your blog every night before bed. :(

    Susan Dwyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you planning an extended road trip? Trying to figure out what route to take and how to fit everything in? Then this article is for you.

    Zion RV Park

    ReplyDelete