Wednesday, May 15, 2013

On To Sedona

We left Phoenix this morning but first we had to figure a few things out.  
We had showers and Clare and I wandered by the pool to get a shot of the rules because we are complete children (read number 4 and you will understand why I say this.  If you laugh you know why we are friends; if you don't I'm curious how you put up with me!). 

So we checked out but first we had to empty the grey water (we decided to hold off on the black water emptying until another day).  Clare dawned her purple gloves and driving hat and made the first attempt with me trying to direct and Amy filming (I can't wait to see the video released on YouTube!). 


Unfortunately her efforts were not successful so I dawned my purple hat and driving hat (not sure why we felt the need to wear the hats but whatever). 
 
It took some time ( we tried calling the RV place but they were useless) and many attempts at reading the guide but finally Amy noticed there was a circle block underneath.  We realized this came out and the hose could come up thru it and link to the pipe on Harvey (we had been trying to jam an elbow pipe onto a very small place).  Now, of course, came the time we had to open the hole in the ground to drain into.  Words cannot describe the stench that it emitted.  Hot sick ass comes to mind.  Clare says vomit and diarrhea with two farts and a splash.  You get the point. Anyways, after this came the unplugging of the power.  Thankfully I paid attention and had an idea of what to do. For future reference, unplug everything, shut off the air con, make sure the generator is off, turn off the power at the source, unplug from the source, plug back into the generator, turn on the generator.  I'm only putting this here in case we need to refer to it another day:-)
So we were off.  I drove today.  First there was a stop at Walmart (again all us Redneck Vacationers have to go as often as possible).  Then we had to fill the gas which meant another reading of the manual (aka the new bible). Had to make sure we only had to turn off the generator and propane before filling up.  Oops we were supposed to do that before we pulled in.  Well we filled up and we were on our way. It was very  windy with steep hills for a lot if the way.  Good thing dad had taught me about low gears else the breaks would be gone (if only i could have remembered how fast you go in first, second and third gear)!  well we figured it out and, a good rule of thumb i found was if the truckers are going slow, you should too.  They seem to know where there will be heavy cross winds and steep hills. 
We saw some beautonomous scenery along the drive too, especially as we neared Sedona. 




Our first stop in Sedona was slide rock. Unfortunately we didn't get pictures of the actual slide as we didn't have waterproof cameras and we had to go down it!  So cool.  It's a slide made of natural rock. Water was cool and refreshing.  
Super Grover didn't go down slide rock (he didn't want to get his fur wet) but he did pose for this picture. 



We hung out there for a bit then stopped so Amy could get some chocolate ice cream because she doesn't know the last time she had any.  We stopped to talk to the tourism guy. So we're going to tour some time share place in the AM where they will give us discount rates on a sunset extreme jeep tour. The 90 minutes we'll spend with them in the AM (while they serve us drinks) will be well worth the $250 we'll save on the tour.
After that we picked up some stalkers but using my mad RV driving skills  (I drive Harvey like he's a Schwinn 10 Speed!) we were able to lose them.  
We checked in at the Rancho Sedona. I backed Harvey in (yes, I'm that good....with the girls directing me of course!). 
Now we're having bevvies and cooking dinner on the grill (oh and Amy and I helped direct a woman,Jeannie, into her parking spot too because we're nice like that:-) )

After dinner, more drinks planned and perhaps meeting some neighbors because everyone seems really friendly here:-)

3 comments:

  1. Love "traveling" with you guys!!! I think I'd just use rest stops though...I'd freak out if I had to empty the waste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you ladies should set up a Dashboard cam to capture all of these adventures! Especially the activities that can only described with words like "hot ass". Love hearing about all the fun on the road!

    ReplyDelete